Saturday, April 11, 2020

The Glass Coffin (Dance With The Devil, #1.5) Coffin Dance From

The Glass Coffin (Dance with the Devil, #1.5)

Showing 1-30

Average rating 3.69  · 

 ·  605 ratings  ·  45 reviews



 | 

Start your review of The Glass Coffin (Dance with the Devil, #1.5)

rated it liked it

The Glass Coffin (Dance with the Devil, #1.5)

3.4 stars

There is a downside of this being a prequel to Johnnie's first case in . In addition, the way this short story begins, readers are immediately dropped in the middle -- there is no story how Rostislav and Jesse first met

3.75*

Why? Why are all the good ones so short?

This is the backstory for Jesse the Vampire and Rostislav a human, that appear in Dance In The Dark.

Rostislav is investigating a mysterious Glass Coffin and brooding over his unrequited love to the Vampire Jesse, since everyone knows that Vampires can't love humans and even if they could it is not allowed.

But things aren't quite like they seem.

rated it really liked it

3.5 stars

This is a story about Rostilav and Jesse, friends of Johnnie in Dance in the Dark. The story took place before that book, so in a way this is an indirect prequel to that book.

Rostilav, a witch that was known to be a spell breaker, was in middle of a personal struggle that started when he hooked up with Jesse, a handsome

The Glass Coffin (Dance with the Devil, #1.5)

rated it liked it

3.5 stars

This is a prequel to

Review posted at .

This is a must read for fans of Derr's Dance with the Devil series, and takes us back to a group of characters that we haven't seen in a while, the characters from Dance in the Dark, Johnnie, the Dracula Ontoniel, and Johnnie's friends Jesse Alucard and Rostislav the sorcerer. Though Johnnie shows up only in a small part in this story, it is enough to recognize that this story is at a unique place in the series, a direct prequel to that book, before Johnnie's

Interesting paranormal variation on Sleeping Beauty. We have the sorcerer who is supposed to lift a curse form the glass coffin, and the vampire who is supposed not to love a human. Combine the two, add a villain after the sorcerer's power, and you get quite a fun tale about the power of true love.

Rostislav, the sorcerer, is the kind of man who will not easily change his mind. He believes certain things, and the fact that vampires do not love humans is one of them, and he will not be swayed.

The Glass Coffin (Dance with the Devil, #1.5)

rated it liked it

Great short story by a favorite author! 3.5 stars for me!

rated it really liked it

Reviewed for

It doesnt really cover in this book the backstory behind the why a vampire cant love a human, why its so troublesome, but it definitely is. I havent read any of the other stories in this world so all the characters were new to me. Its a short story and I really wish it had been longer because I liked them all very much.

Rostislav is a human, one who was unfortunate enough to sleep with and fall in love with a vampire, Jesse. Jesse is the good friend of a

This story involves characters from the opening of . Was nice to get some extra back story on Jesse & Rostislav....and it made me want to re-read Dance in the Dark again. Always a good thing.

The Glass Coffin (Dance with the Devil, #1.5)

rated it liked it

A nice sweet little short.

I loved the uncertainty for poor Rostislav.

Would of loved to of seen just a little more build up with him and Jesse, but it was a short so I had to make do lol.

ETA Yep sweet little short.

rated it liked it

Cute short story. Not much to it but a bit of angst and a story to get Jesse and Rostislav together.

Have to admit that I'd like to get the backstory and to the hot night it led which produces the angst we saw in this story.

I like these little extras, questions answered after the main story. Nice to see two of the main characters make appearances. Short, plenty of magic and a misunderstanding between a witch and a vampire.

rated it liked it

Good story, it definitely gave some dimension to their part of Dance in the Dark.

rated it really liked it

I actually quite enjoyed this?? 3.5 stars rounded up to 4 mainly because Im weak for vampires :)

M/M romance with sleeping beauty base

Glass coffin of title is fake copy of one in old love story but this story has love between a human and a vampire.

rated it really liked it

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading Kelly Martin's Shattered Fairy Tale Series. The third installment, The Glass Coffin, is another wonderful addition. The story of Trudy Dodsworth and William Haddington is a sad and woeful tale. As with the previous books in the series, it's not a typical happily ever after story.

Unbeknownst to her, Trudy has lived her life in a bubble - she's believed her life to be a fairy tale that simply doesn't exist and reality is unceremoniously thrust upon her. Not only

Really, 3.5 stars. The Glass Coffin is a pleasant short story about Rostislav, a human being who is gifted with abnormal powers - sorcery - and his quest to figure out the mystery of the glass coffin, which allegedly holds a human woman who was trapped inside after falling in love with a vampire. According to legend, only a vampire who loved her could release her. Part of the reason that the story takes on the quality of legend is because of the widespread belief that vampires can't love humans.

rated it it was amazing

4.5 stars

Nice addition to the series.

This book cannot be read as a standalone. If you've never read other books in the series, you will get confused with the worldbuilding. I read Book 1 . Although this is book 1.5, I feel that I might enjoy the book more if I read book 2 first. It's a prequel to book 2. Anyway, I like the story.

It's a mix of dark fantasy and fairly tales, with vampires and beautiful glass coffin. The romance is friends to

rated it liked it

3,5 stars.

Of course I liked this. I love this world Megan Derr created. Rostislav is lovely and I really like that in the end, he . And I absolutely, without a doubt, lovelove Johnny (I've been rereading dance in the dark and dance with the devil for the 100th time), and I love seeing him again in this book. But I really wanted this story to be a little longer and the ending is of course an open ending. It's going to take until the first case of

FIRST RE-READ 17 September 2016

The first time I felt frustrated because I felt like I'd forgotten too much about these characters. This time I was just baffled by the placement in the series. Having this be #1.5 made me super confused as to why these characters were introduced with the implication I should know them already.

ORIGINAL REVIEW 2 April 2015

Interesting story, but it's been long enough since I read the rest of the series that I wished for a little more background on the characters.

rated it liked it

The Characters in this short story had a brief appearance in some of the shorts in the last book I read by Megan Derr. I enjoyed reading more about them and the world she has created. I especially liked how she made fairy tales see more like history for the abnormals in her stories. My only complaint is I am still not sure why Vampires don't fall in love with Humans. Hopefully this will be explained in a later book.

rated it really liked it

Reviewed for

rated it really liked it

This book covers the story between Rostiya and Jesse, I love that couple! I was looking forward to read more about them. It's a very short story, and even though is a prequel of , I think is necessary to read it first, because it really doesn't explain too much about the universe in which is set.

This title should really be listed as part of the Dance with the Devil series as it takes place in the same universe and even has Jonnie from the second book in it. I really liked this one and the concept of the glass coffin. I love pretty much everything I've read by this author and if you've read anything in the Dance with the Devil series, you will enjoy this one too.

If you're looking for chronological placement, this would come right after the first book Dance With the Devil.

rated it liked it

...what is the reading order of this series? I mean, I keep reading them out of order and usually, it's sort of okay-ish, but now I'm starting to think maybe I actually have to read them in order...

Still, I eventually remembered vaguely enough to remember who Rostislav was.

I did rather like it, even if I feel like I should be reading it according to numerical order...

Definitely a good story. I enjoyed reading the short but sweet tale.

Slightly disappointed that it started in the middle of things and left it mostly unfinished. It would be nice to see a follow story or even as part of another story.

Edit: nevermind! I did not know this was a prequel to Dance in the Dark!

rated it really liked it

Still as interesting as other books of this series. But I think it's better to read this one after finishing book 2, or even finishing book 6 in advance.

short, sweet and charming. I would have loved for it to have been longer.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

close